Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 1, 2011

The plans for the movies were cancelled but that didn't stop Raquel and I from going to Dun Laoghaire. We ran a couple of errands, got some money, put credits on our phones, and grabbed a bite to eat. Today and yesterday were absolutely gorgeous days. My favorite, big, clear, blue skies with the sun shining and freezing cold. The frost on the grass in the morning stays there for hours past when we leave for school at 8:30 so you know it's freezing. Another highlight of my day is that I saw Bono!!!!!! It all started a week ago when this man came flying up the hill on a deafening motorbike wearing a leather jacket with and eagle and the American flag in the background with big bold red letters USA, I only saw him from the back because we were walking to the Dart station. I said to my friends I wonder if that was Bono, then he made the turn up to the road where Bono lives! One of my friends said he had a beard so it wasn't Bono and I believed her. But today as Raquel and I were leaving my house on the way to Dun Laoghaire I heard the bikes roar and looked up and saw a man with a familiar unshaved face sporting yellow sunglasses, a helmet and a leather jacket and I put my head back down but in an instant lifted my head back up to follow the zipping motorbike now behind us with the same USA jacket. I then knew who it was and took off running to try to follow him and tell Ellie at the same time with Raquel trailing behind me. Unfortunately he was making a left hand turn and didn't need to wait for any oncoming traffic and took off. So I went back into the house and tried to explain breathlessly to Ellie what had just happened. To my disbelief I saw Bono, a world renoun rockstar! The first famous person I have ever seen was in Ireland! And this whole time students have been asking me if I have ever met a famous person, now I can say ya, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment