Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 2-March 6, 2011

Nothing exciting enough to write about happened in the past couple of days. Until the fourth when I didn't have access to a computer and then the fifth when I fell asleep and forgot to write. On the fourth I was invited to a sleepover that I was able to attend in Dalkey, one stop away on the Dart. My friend Rachel organized the whole sleepover, there were about thirteen of us. We stayed up until about 6 a.m. watching scary movies. The sleepover was very fun! But most of us had an early start in the morning becase they either had sports, or had to go to city centre and sell lollipops for charity. We all woke up at 8 a.m. but then realized we couldn't handle it so we slept in until 10 a.m. which helped our exhaustion a little. We had a delicious breakfast and headed off our own ways. Well I forgot my keys and Ellie went into town but I thought I would just catch the Dart to get home and try to see if anyone was home but no one was when I got there, so I walked myself down to the beach and just sat and observed. I haven't a clue as to how long I actually sat there for because I have no concept of time, and no way to tell. But I sat right at the water's edge and watched the grey-blue water melt into the grey-blue sky, listened to the tiny waves hit the rocks and observed people and their dogs run by, felt the sharp breeze on my cheeks, and smelled the warm, light saltiness of the sea. After a relaxing and thoughful time on the beach I decided to go home to try to see if any one was home again. Rachel and Ion were both there so I got in. On the morning of Sunday the fifth I walked to a different church today, one much much closer and I enjoyed it. Then after my walk home Anne, my host mom and Ellie decided that we should go to Powerscourt Townhouse. It is more inland and about a thirty minute drive from Killiney in a less built up area. This is no ordinary townhouse. This is a mansion! The inside has now been converted into a little shopping centre but the outside gardens of the house and the structure of the builiding are all the same. This mansion was built in 1731, older than America! The gardens were absolutely fantastically beautiful. The front gardens area is the only are that has changed, it is now a golf course. The back has ponds, a Japanese garden, creeks, flower gardens, statues, wells, defense towers with canons, a pet cemetery, hundreds of steps and trailways. It was gorgeous. When we returned home from our two hour trip Ellie and I were invited to Rachel's house to watch a movie so we went where two other of our friends were. But we had to leave right after the first movie ended at about 6:30 because we had a family dinner at 7 p.m. in Monkstown at Fxb's Pub. Ellie's grandpa is the one who treated us to the dinner, nine of us attended: Ellie, Rachel, Ion, Ion's dad, Anne, Annes parents, and Anne's aunt. The meal was delicious and we even got desert. Diner was extremely enjoyable and pleasant. We got home at about 9 or 9:30 p.m. It's off to school again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment