Monday, March 14, 2011

March 10-14, 2011

Thursday the 10 it was raining and I had no plans and did nothing. But on Friday the 11 it was my friend Andrea's sixteenth birthday and about fiften of us went to her house, ate, talked, messed around and watched a movie. It was very fun and I went home at ten. On Saturday Dana and I went into town on to O'Connell and Grafton Street. We went into a coffee shop to warm up and relax and luckily we did because while we were sitting there it started to lightly snow for about ten minutes. After town I went to my friend Rachel's house to watch some television and get ready for the fourth year club Wez. It was very fun and many girls from our school showed up. The night at Wez was freezing cold!!It was so cold that while we were waiting in line for the place to open my knuckles turned a black blue color, and Raquel's almost did and were turning a dark green color. But luckily there was no rain to mess up my straightened hair.
Today, Monday it rained some more. I was hoping the rain would continue and cancel today's Outdor Pursuits because we had absailing and rock climbing later and I am absolutely terrified of heights. Of course the rain stopped while we were getting changed into our tracksuit. So we walked up Killiney Hill and over to the other side to the quarry where we would rock climb and absail down. There were two sets of rock climbs to do and the man picked me, someone terrified of heights to climb a three story rock face first! I was stuck at one spot for a good three minutes  just standing there shaking holding in my pee with all my might because everytime I would put my foot down it would slip because of my muddy shoes and the wet rock. Then I finally reached the top! I was so proud but that moment of victory was then shattered by the fear of getting back down. Especially when the man said just lean back. It took all of my trust to lean back and hold on to one rope connected to my waist three stories up. But I did that too!! Getting down was fun because you basically just sit and walk backwards. Then it was on to absailing where you walk backwards off a one and a half story rock face. I was freaking out seeing that you walk over the edge rock face backwards but that was fun too. Except scarier because we had to control the rope that let us move down, but the instructor at the top had an extra safety rope. It was more fun than I ever could've imagined and I am very proud of myself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment